On November 2, 2016, North Shore High School held the Science National Honor Society Induction Ceremony honoring 63 students. Science teacher Mr. Seth Klein, along with Mr. Steven Menchel, congratulated the students and presented each with a certificate. The following lists the main objectives of the Science National Honor Society:
- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
Congratulations go out to the following 2016-17 North Shore Science National Honor Society inductees: Jasmine Abidi, Donald Ahrens, John Alfarone, Jonathan Aminov, Paige Barwick, Theodora Brebenel, Chloe Bulbin, Cameron Capello, Kate Carraro, Jillian Ciotoli, Henry Corwin, Nicholas Cristofari, Charlotte DeMartini, Grace DePietro, Brooke Demetri, Alexandros Drivas, Zoe Eisenstein, Kathryn Feehan, Jessica Gianfortune, Aurelie Guss, Caitlin Hurley, Andrew Kahn, Natalie Kimmel, Takuya Kolbert, Mark Kornfeld, Patryk Kosc, Dylan Kraus, Quinn Lacy, William Laderer, Christopher Lau, Kristen Lennon, Sarah Leventhal, Nicholas Liounis, John Magliocco Jr., Kimberly Marchese, Eamon McNamara, Melina Mehdizadeh, Diana Miller, Katherine Murray, Jade Nichols, Anne O'Brien, Nicole Preuss, Alexandra Reiner, Kyra Rieger, Justin Rivera, Nicholas Rubertone, Michael Russo, Sarah Russo, Hayden Scala, Cassandra Schatz, Jessica Scuderi, Brittany Seipp, Ashleigh Sheerin, Emily Sturges, Jacqueline Thoet, Alexander Vallone, Gena Vineis, John D. Vogel, Rajan Vohra, Jessica Weber, Jenna Whalen, Sang Muk Yun, and Matthew Zapken.
Congratulations to all!
Article and photos by Shelly Newman