In addition to the improvements made to the spaces in our school, many curriculum projects in various departments have been taking place, including some exciting new electives in Business and social studies courses. Teachers have taken time to develop and revise curricula in an effort to ensure it challenges and inspires students.
As the year begins, I again express my sincere dedication to the continuous growth and development of North Shore High School. I very much appreciated and enjoyed working with and getting to know the students and the community and I am genuinely looking forward to the upcoming school year. Along with Assistant Principals, Ms. Jennifer Imperiale and Dr. Kevin Kurrus I wish to extend our open door policy to each and every family. Feel free to make an appointment to meet with us if the need arises. Your feedback is essential to our growth.
- The Parent Portal is open until the second day of classes. It reopens on September 16. You can access full schedules with teacher names and updated classrooms when it is open. If you have questions, contact your child’s counselor in the Guidance Office at 277-7030.
- Classes begin on Tuesday, September 6 (an “A” day) from 8:10a.m. to 2:55p.m. Students should report to their commons teacher in their scheduled commons room at the start of this first day.
- Classes that are scheduled before the school day (Investigations Research, Chorus, Step Aerobics, etc.) will begin on Wednesday, September 7th, (a “B” day).
- Please note: Parking on campus is strictly a senior privilege. Juniors will not be permitted to park on campus due to extremely limited parking space.
- If you have a new or updated e-mail address, please send the following message to: email@example.com – We are the parent/guardian of Name of Child. When we receive that message, we will add or update the address on file. E-mail will be used as a back-up system of communication.
- Back-to-School Night will be held on Wednesday, September 21st from 7:00-9:30p.m.
- All yearbook photographs for underclassmen will be taken on Tuesday, September 13th
and Wednesday September 14th during gym periods. Seniors will receive yearbook photo information in a separate mailing.
- On Saturday, October 22nd, our Homecoming Parade will begin at 12:30 p.m., which will be followed by our Varsity football game at 1:30 p.m.
- Families of children receiving iPads (Grade 10 and NGE) must attend one of the evening information sessions before the device can be distributed. Please call the main office to RSVP your attendance.
In closing, I am very much looking forward to the upcoming school year. Please know that my door is always open to you, and more importantly, to the students. It is my personal goal that each student engages fully in every aspect of their high school career. I look forward to meeting you soon.